Wednesday, September 15, 2010

THE MEAT DRESS



OK... so there is no way you have not heard seen or even discussed something about the infamous meat dress at some point this week. I definitely have my own reservations with it.

Just to recap... Lady Gaga wore an outfit made completely out of meat. Including her high wedged shoes & this gross hat which i found to be the most disturbing part of the ensemble.

Obviously, PETA is pissed off. lol. Normally, I'd be like hey what the hell else is new.. but i somehow agree with this particular rage. Now, PETA members used to come to our horse shows and set the horses free... of course they'd always go set the ones loose that were worth $50,000 and upward ... so ya, I'm not a big PETA fan. I'm a little pissed off that I'm forced to justify anything they say right now too. 

PS.. The horses they set free usually stayed right by the trailer & ate grass... so aside from a green slimy bit in the show ring, they rarely did any damage... because the horses were treated so well, they're not stupid. They're staying with me.. well except my horse Joker, who felt the need to gallop around the grounds 3 or 4x BEFORE returning to the trailer. He wanted to spook all the other horses & give me a heart attack first... Asshole. :)  He took after me,
But really... What like running out onto the highway would've been a better life for them? Ugh. 
PETA is retarded. 


However, here's my position on meat.



I have worked my entire life with animals. I am not vegetarian or vegan... i tried that once, lost too much weight. Can't do it. I don't believe in "not eating animals" .. I don't think its animal cruelty to eat meat.. That's what they are bred for. I am much more concerned with they way these animals are treated in the slaughterhouses, while they are alive. I feel like if they are treated well, given a good life, and a humane way of death, then everything is OK with me. Feel free to disagree with me all you want. But this is how I feel on the matter.


I think it would be highly unnecessary to end meat eating.. so to speak. Basically, it put thousands & thousands of people out of work, just to save a cow. Like, don't get me wrong, I heart Cows... I love all animals.. but there are so many people that work in & rely on the meat industry to support their families. As far as I am concerned, as long as they're on the up & up.... leave them alone.


Also, to me it feels like we're slapping the face of people who have absolutely nothing to eat. ..Remember them? The Hungry people? Having the ability to choose what we want to eat is a luxury. A luxury that a lot of people do not have. Cut the shit. If you're going to fight for something, please make sure you look at it through different perspectives before you go all buck wild with it. Thx.
Go plant a tree or something. Seriously. If you don't want to think about an issue COMPLETELY... this would be ideal for you... By the time its big enough to inconvenience anyone, you'll be dead.


So anyways... my position on the Meat Dress...


What is so controversial is her symbolism vs. publicity stunt & the cruelty of animals...


Well, the symbolism I'll get back to... but neither of those were my initial concern. MY PROBLEM is.. YOU JUST WASTED ALL THAT FUCKING MEAT.  I really do like Lady Gaga... so what i am about to say does kind of kill me a little bit...


But HOW BIG OF AN ASSHOLE DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO WEAR MEAT AS CLOTHING?


Do you know how many people your fucking dress could have fed? I would normally hope you would send all that food to a 3rd world country after you used it as your VMA attire.. except I'm pretty sure it was all hot & rancid by then... really... how many fruit flies went home with you that night, Gaga?


Its no secret that non-Americans hate us. I mean, we are a little obnoxious with wasting food... i am including myself in that statement... but now we're making clothes from it. GREAT.


I don't care who you offend in corporate America, or in government blablaba... but the second you want to offend someone that doesn't have any food, i have a problem with it. sorry.


Maybe we didn't think about that though... since the dress was "not meant to offend anyone" and ended up offending EVERYONE. Jeez us.


Now ... the Symbolism.


Ok.. this is what she had actually said on Ellen


"Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian. As you know, I am the most judgment-free human being on the earth, However, it has many interpretations, but for me this evening ... If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And I am not a piece of meat."


I'm all about symbolism.... this one, ahhmmmm... I think is STUPID. sorry.
But its up to you to make your own decision about it.




She showed up to the VMAs w/ gay men from the military.. in an effort to overturn the "Don't Ask. Don't Tell." Law. 


Alright... My personal opinion on this law is that its terrible and very oppressive. However, i am NOT a gay male in the military. So my actual "position" on the matter is NOT to overturn this law, but to support whatever they want.





The last thing i want is to have someone be noble enough to join the military in order to fight for me, only to have him (or her) get beaten to death because they're gay. Then maybe alleviate the government for any wrong doings..  giving them leeway to just "throw their hands up" and be like "hey, we had that law but you hated it" type of shit...? 


I don't know. I really don't. The only thing I know is that I would want to support what gay people in the military want. I don't want to make anything worse for them. 


I don't think its enough to just overturn this law. I think we would need to increase awareness and understanding about homosexuality as well. Most problems stem from people not understanding something, right? 


I have to stop here. Or else I'm going to get into a political discussion about racism, hate crimes.. and a bunch of other issues... which is a whole other blog





So, in closing... We need more awareness in America.
Big ups to Lady Gaga for making people "think"... I think we could have thought up a better way to do this than Cow Couture ... since the only thing it symbolizes to me is America wasting more food. 


And, no matter what you think about these things... you can't tell me that this doesn't make you want to throw up:  








EGHHH...

GOOD NIGHT









1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that dress would feed a lot less people than the cost of basically every other big name designer dress at the awards.

    I thought it was hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete