OK so the ultimate goal is to give people Real Information, from a Real Insider.
Boston has a diversity in crowd that is absolutely amazing, unfortunately it is often overlooked and/or ignored.
The most common phrase i hear is "boston's scene sucks. it's so small...rawrrrr"
Basically someone, that probably sounded like they knew what the hell they were talking about, made this statement. Other people heard it & started passing it off as their own observation.
It's a good way to blame Boston for your lack of social life, or for a party promoter to weasel out of the blame for bad parties..
But Boston does NOT have a shitty scene. It is NOT small... but it is MISGUIDED.
We have one of the most diverse nightlife scenes .. and it is HUGE.
YES. We do live in a College city... when schools are on break, we do loose a lot of our supporters.. Do you know how many people in Boston are frigging OBSESSED with music?
There is something for everyone here. No matter what music, atmosphere, or crowd demographic a person is looking for... we have it. The problem is NOT a small scene.. the problem is too many scenes, and not enough information
Suddenly everyone in Boston thinks their Johnny Big Shot Nightclub Promoter and start giving out bad information.. now people get a bad taste in their mouth because the event they went to in Boston were A dead and B the promoter was on an ego trip (if he was even there)
Anyways this is also a whole other blog.. DEFINITELY one i will soon be talking about
However i feel its important to first kind of introduce myself. Give a little more background information about myself, let people get to know me better, before i start posting my 2 cents about everything.
My writing style is exactly how i talk. I did take writing classes... I know where each word is supposed to go & blablabla.. and I am anal about certain things... however I'd much rather tell a story & be more personal about it, than worry about my verb being in the correct location.
I'm from Boston. When I talk, I don't use a whole lot of grammer. ;) And no i don't pronounce my R's... except when i say a word like "idea" ... lol. IDEARRRR
I used to refrain from swearing in any type of post online.. i know its not professional... but most people are immune to swearing these days, nothing phases anyone.. and in person, i fuckin swear.. unless my dad is around, or if i' have to be professional.. I do have a filter.. and i usually use it when i want to. (want to.. not need to).. and i figure.. this is my blog. I put the warning sign ON.. so F U I do what I want. lol
However, even though i may drop an F bomb here & there, you will never hear (or read) a racial or lifestyle slur come out of my mouth. Beyond the basic human reaction to profile people, I try to stay as far away from stereotyping as possible. I try not to judge anyone for anything... how i feel about a person is how i feel about that specific person.. but again, I am human. and If a person wants to fall victim to their stereotype and then complain about being stereotyped.. please jump off a cliff bcuz thats not really society's fault now is it dickhead?
So I'll write a blog on my work history, my life, school, how i grew up... maybe I'll throw in crap i don't want you to know lol. I'll will certainly give you my opinion on topics like Religion, Politics and Music ... 3 of the most controversial topics ever lol. And seeing as I, myself, am a very controversial person... I'm sure it will go well, like flying a lead balloon.
I'm weird, I accept that. lol. But I do in fact think for myself. I don't discriminate against certain groups of people.. I can blend in with any clique (usually).. but I don't belong to any one particular group.
and eventually I can get correct & valuable information to those in search of it
'
OH .. I feel inclined to mention my mood swings.. lol. I have many levels to my personality.. I'm not schizophrenic or anything.. I do have. what I like to call, the REMIXES. I actually have names for a lot of things I come across in life.... But when I'm voicing an opinion on here,, I'm almost always going to wait to write it until its Awesome O'clock... Its one of those potentially carreer-suicidal "Fuck you, I am amazing" moods,,,
Now.. I am NEVER Virginia Fluffyfoot.. But I'm certainly not a Conceited Bitch or Capt. Doochebag either.. Its just that I frequently come into contact w/ the common shithead.. so I eat a smug sandwich & get a case of the FickiTs... So... w/o a doubt, I'll write a much better piece of news for you to read during these moments. lol.
Real Information about Boston and it's Misunderstood Nightlife and Social Scene. Lot's of topical issues.. ones that drive me nuts, probably .... if you have a specific question or topic you want my opinion on... email me at RLYBoston@hotmail.com I'll post it. I don't care... And you can be anonymous if you want... most people are skeerrrd ,.. i know.
Oh this should be entertaining.
ReplyDelete